Tuesday, April 26, 2011

our today garden


I spent a good chunk of this sunny easter weekend outside, trying to clean up our garden (it always seems more like cleaning than gardening, as I sweep sand, dirt and possum poo off concrete), and doing a bit of thinking.


I've mentioned my dreams of our "one day" garden before, but, the truth is, that day is a way off, and in the meantime I am going to focus on improving what we've got.


I need some help though - I have some plans and ideas (less concrete, new steps, more garden!), and have started making some concept drawings, but I know we can't do it alone, and I'm still experiencing "tradie phobia" (after a bathroom renovation that still haunts us, and causes problems, years later).

(the new steps thing is something of a necessity)

Can you give me any advice on finding someone we can rely on, someone who won't laugh at our attempts to minimise costs / waste / environmental impact, and someone who will let me do the bits I can do on my own? Better still, do you know anyone who fits that description and works in SE Melbourne?

One day, one day...

(we might keep at least a bit of concrete...)

1 comment:

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

I am thinking, vertical gardens, a big peice of lovely fake grass and a day bed.